- Tunable powerful laser and wavelength extenders and doublers.
- Laser-beam transport and shaping system.
- Light detection system - spectrometers, photomultipliers, time dispersers (streak cameras), CCD's, photodiodes.
- Measurements at wavelength range from UV up to far IR.
- Laser resonant absorption and laser induced fluorescence (LIF).
- Polarization spectroscopy and saturation spectroscopy.
- Laser Raman spectroscopy.
- Coherent spectroscopy.
- Non-intrusive measurements.
- High spatial and temporal resolutions.
- High spectral resolution and flexible spectral selectivity.
- High detection sensitivity and signal-to-noise ratio.
Applications in our laboratory
- Experimental studies of densities and velocity distributions of atoms and ions and of the charge state distributions in the plasma bulk and in the immediate vicinity of surfaces.
- Investigations of the electric and magnetic fields both inside the plasma volume and in the sheaths
- Plasma seeding technique development and investigation.
- Investigation of various plasma-wall interactions, such as plasma formation in plasma sources, material ejection from surfaces into plasmas, plasma-assisted manufacturing, and plasma sheaths.
Measurements in our laboratory
- Ion Diode experiments utilized LIF and Laser Absorption for plasma properties investigation: - plasma density, plasma temperature, particle velocities and charge state distribution.
- POS experiments use LIF and Laser Absorption for the measurements of the local plasma parameters:
- plasma density, plasma temperature, particle velocities and plasma composition;
- measurements of local parameters and distributions of electric and magnetic fields in current carrying plasma;
- development and characterization of novel plasma doping techniques fluorescence.
Modified on: 2010-05-27