1st SLSP Workshop
The SLSP (Spectral Line Shapes in Plasmas) code comparison workshop will be held in Vienna, Austria, April 2-5, 2012. The workshop is organized by the Weizmann Institute of Science in cooperation with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
- Ion dynamics
- Broadening of Rydberg lines
- Plasma kinetics and line-shapes
- Stark broadening in the presence of external electric and magnetic fields
- Stability and convergence of line-shape calculations
The workshop will be held at the K+K Maria Theresia Hotel where a block of rooms at the discount flat rate of €122 (single) or €142 (double) are reserved for the duration of the workshop as well as the weekends prior and after the meeting. For reservations, please send email to email@example.com (attention: Ms. Susanne Eder), and mention the promotion code SLSP2012. The rate includes breakfast, Internet access, use of the wellness center, and taxes. The rooms are to be reserved not later than March 9 2012. A modest registration fee of €70 will be collected on site.
The list of cases is available in the Call for Submissions.
- February 1 - web interface for file uploads opens
- March 9 - hotel booking deadline
- March 15 - case submission deadline
- April 2 - workshop opens
- April 5 - workshop adjourns
- A. Calisti (CNRS, France)
- H.-K. Chung (IAEA, Austria)
- M. Á. González (U. of Valladolid, Spain)
- E. Stambulchik (WIS, Israel)
A limited number of grants will be provided by the IAEA to partially cover travel expenses for participants from the countries eligible for such a support. To apply please submit the following information to Evgeny Stambulchik (email Evgeny.Stambulchik-at-weizmann.ac.il): name, affiliation/institution, country, phone, fax, email. In addition, the applicant must be a member of a team submitting at least one case. The deadline for applications is January 15 2012.
Please use the forums for discussion.
Modified on: 2015-03-08